What's new

Sunday morning schoolyard hunt

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
2,217
Reaction score
528
Golden Thread
0
Location
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked out the window first thing this morning to see thick fog and heavy dew on the grass.
Should I or shouldn't I go out. Made a pot of coffee and read some Illinois forum inspiration
and off I went. Hunted for about 2 hours. 2.46 in clad, 18kgf blue stone (maybe topaz) ring,
.925 ring w/marcasites, 1950d wheatie, Non gold arrowhead pendant w/chain, small ring
w/green spatan, junk ring w/purple and white stones, sterling cross pin, and an old football
pin. Heavy dew made digging a little muddy. Still have an acre to hunt. Then I'll grid the field
in the opposite direction. Thanks for looking. DFW

DSCN0330.webp
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0332.webp
    DSCN0332.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN0334.webp
    DSCN0334.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 176
Great hunt! Look forward to see what else you find there.
 
if your taking about that 4 progged cross with the circle in the center that is a marksman medal from the Army
 
Cool stuff Rich :thumbsup: The gold chain on the arrowhead may be
worth more than the arrowhead. . . it may be marked on the clasp.
 
Awesome good schoolyard there Rich! Great stuff!
 
great finds,wtg!
 
Marcasites are the pyrite looking stones in the ring, they come to a point on the top
 
nice assortment of finds :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom