What's new

Sundays colonial digs

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
806
Golden Thread
2
Location
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday's colonial digs

My finds from sundays hunt, got the British Brown Bess side plate which I believe is number 5 in the picture making it Circa 1725 - 1760. I also got a broken trade axe, lead saddle shield and a lead seal, The lead seal is a trade item and trade with the Native Americans in this area started in the early sixteen-hundreds, not sure time period of my piece though so if someone could help me date it that would be great!!! 1749 kg 2 toasted copper and other finds came from an old house site. Thanks for looking HH 20160613_132527-1.webpo20160613_125256-1.webp20160613_124945-1.webp20160613_115816-1.webpMessage_1465826437705-1.webp20160613_130830-1.webp20160613_130500-1.webp20160613_130500-1.webp20160613_115931-1.webp20160613_115857-1.webp20160613_115904-1.webp20160612_150508.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20160613_124945-1.webp
    20160613_124945-1.webp
    229.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 20160612_150508.webp
    20160612_150508.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
Upvote 42
Colonial quality! :thumbsup:

Thanks Ip!!! Can ya tell me anything about the stamped initials with star above and the etching. ? I just got the initials id It's the mark of London gun maker Richard Wilson.
 
Last edited:
Great stuff. The complete side plate is just like the one I found. Good job! [emoji106]
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom