67GTA
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Dec 3, 2017
- Messages
- 254
- Reaction score
- 323
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Franklin, KY
- Detector(s) used
- Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Recently found this at a mid 1800's home site. At first glance I assumed it was a suspender clip because of the slots and keyholes. After cleaning it up I noticed it was too thin (about 0.5 mm) to be a suspender clip. I guess it could possibly be just the decorative cover from a suspender clip. Google lens can't identify the makers mark. It keeps calling it a roman buckle. There are no words or letters on the piece, only the makers mark. Also found a handful of clips from a woman's corset in the same spot, but it didn't look very feminine to me. Tickle anybody's memory?
. I've never seen this design before. Do you have any picture examples of suspender buckles or clips like this one? I can't find any. Most of the time it would be just the buckle, or have teeth/clamps to hold the strap. It looks to dainty to be from a mans suspender belt. The pants would have to have 2 tiny studs to attach it to instead of buttons. I found 10-12 corset clips in the same 10ft raduis but it looked to utilitarian for a woman's garb to me. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Possibly a lacing buckle/belt design I've never seen? Going to try searching for corset/lingerie hardware.






