What's new

Sword Hanger?

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
2,043
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
1
Location
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this item at a colonial cellar hole. I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 278
horse harness gear :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I agree that it is horsegear. I dug one very-very similar to it, about 30 years ago, near Fredericksburg VA. It was among some civil war bullets -- but as we (should) know, that doesn't reliably mean the item is from the civil war. I was told there's one on CS General Joseph E. Johnston's saddle in the Museum of the Confederacy ...but I've never seen that particular saddle, so I cannot solidly confirm the report.
 
Upvote 0
I have dug alot of similar horse harness acc...
But never one quite like that :dontknow:


Blaze
 
Upvote 0
johnnyblaze said:
I have dug alot of similar horse harness acc...
But never one quite like that :dontknow:


Blaze

I think it a variant of a gag loop :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I have one the same as you Sniffy, I think if I remember right mine is made of brass though. But if memory serves me correctly it is identical.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom