What's new

Sword ID: Please Help!

onemorejill

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 28, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I was given this sword to research for someone and I'm clueless. I've spent hours on Google and many sword forums and I am failing. This is what I know:

The entire sword is 40.5" long. It is 6.5" wide at the handle. The blade is 1.5" wide. The sword weighs about 5 lbs, 11 oz. There are no inscriptions, maker's marks or symbols (besides the obvious snake, skull and lions). It has a hole on each side of the handle, where the lions' mouths would be. The handle appears to be brass and the blade is lead or steel- I don't know the difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
 

Attachments

  • Detail.webp
    Detail.webp
    135.8 KB · Views: 314
  • Handle.webp
    Handle.webp
    140.6 KB · Views: 304
  • Main.webp
    Main.webp
    44 KB · Views: 299
  • Side.webp
    Side.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 288
  • Top.webp
    Top.webp
    147.5 KB · Views: 295
im thinking fantasy sword. you can see the mold lines and the brass looks like it has a fake "antiquing" finish on it
 
Upvote 0
I'd say definite fantasy sword too. They make them in all shapes, sizes and styles. Low-ish value probably.
Here's an idea of the type:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=...072l0l6924l13l13l0l0l0l0l203l2080l1.10.2l13l0

Oh...your blade will be steel. Lead is very soft, way too soft for a sword. :)

Ok Ddog posted just before me lol...good ID. Thought it looked familiar. This one looks a little different though, a cast grip instead of a corded grip...unless the cord came off. Might be a cheaper version?
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
I'd say definite fantasy sword too. They make them in all shapes, sizes and styles. Low-ish value probably.
Here's an idea of the type:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=...072l0l6924l13l13l0l0l0l0l203l2080l1.10.2l13l0

Oh...your blade will be steel. Lead is very soft, way too soft for a sword. :)

Ok Ddog posted just before me lol...good ID. Thought it looked familiar. This one looks a little different though, a cast grip instead of a corded grip...unless the cord came off. Might be a cheaper version?

lol. i edited my post while you were editing your post :laughing7:
i found the same sword that he has now. it is the economy model ($25 instead of $850)
 
Upvote 0
Thank you guys so much! You have no idea the time I put into this! You're the smartest people EVER! Enjoy your weekend. I'm gonna take my crap sword and go home. haha
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom