- #1
Thread Owner
Talk about near death experience
Disturbing GoPro footage showing the moment a mountaineer skier fell 1,000 feet down the side of a mountain at break-neck speed is enough to fuel nightmares.
Adrenaline junkie Matt Randall had been ski mountaineering just outside of Aspen, Colorado in the US, when one wrong move led to a terrifying near death experience.
Having climbed to the top of South Maroon Bell, Matt was just beginning his descent down, intending to ski down the east face of the mountain, when one of his skis got caught on a jagged piece of rock.
Although the climber fought hard to regain his balance, the stumble quickly turned to a fall and he began hurtling down the south couloir of the mountain.
Recalling the moment he began to fall at speed, Matt said: "In my head I think I'm falling onto the east face, which I think is imminent death, I'm kind of waiting for big air and then big impact and so in my head I'm definitely thinking I am about to die."
gested that he was falling at around 45 miles per hour.
After what felt like a lifetime, however, the snow started to soften up, which allowed Matt to slow down enough to roll onto his stomach and dig his elbows in, eventually allowing him to come to a halt.
Talk about a near death experience!
www.ladbible.com
Terrifying GoPro footage captures moment climber falls down mountain at break neck speed
Emma RosemurgeyDisturbing GoPro footage showing the moment a mountaineer skier fell 1,000 feet down the side of a mountain at break-neck speed is enough to fuel nightmares.
Adrenaline junkie Matt Randall had been ski mountaineering just outside of Aspen, Colorado in the US, when one wrong move led to a terrifying near death experience.
Having climbed to the top of South Maroon Bell, Matt was just beginning his descent down, intending to ski down the east face of the mountain, when one of his skis got caught on a jagged piece of rock.
Although the climber fought hard to regain his balance, the stumble quickly turned to a fall and he began hurtling down the south couloir of the mountain.
Recalling the moment he began to fall at speed, Matt said: "In my head I think I'm falling onto the east face, which I think is imminent death, I'm kind of waiting for big air and then big impact and so in my head I'm definitely thinking I am about to die."
gested that he was falling at around 45 miles per hour.
After what felt like a lifetime, however, the snow started to soften up, which allowed Matt to slow down enough to roll onto his stomach and dig his elbows in, eventually allowing him to come to a halt.
Talk about a near death experience!
Terrifying GoPro footage captures moment climber falls down mountain at break neck speed
Climber Matt Randall's screams echo in the footage as he believed he was hurtling towards his death after falling from a mountain







