Coinstar magnet
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 5, 2020
- Messages
- 4,451
- Reaction score
- 10,339
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Beverly Massachusetts
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro compadre
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
After getting skunked multiple times it's refreshing to see a nice pile of coins...Great recovery
Congratulations
So I guess I dont understand this coin star thing! Help me out here, is that change that was left there? Is that money that you get from cashing in cans? Or is it just a giant change machine, that changes Bill's to coins. Thanks.Coinstar has been not producing much lately but was fairly generous today giving up some clad and a Roosevelt dollar coin...a first for me....woohoo!
KSDirtfisher77,So I guess I dont understand this coin star thing! Help me out here, is that change that was left there? Is that money that you get from cashing in cans? Or is it just a giant change machine, that changes Bills to coins. Thanks.

Yep makes perfectly good sense. Thank you. I cant believe there is money left there. Lol you be lucky if the machine was there the next morning in some spots in kansas.KSDirtfisher77,
It's just coinage left by the person that ends up in the reject bin...they pour coins in at the top....the machine gives them a receipt that they cash in for dollar bills...
Coins sometimes get rejected for various reasons...
Hope that makes sense![]()
Nice!!! Congrats!!!Coinstar has been not producing much lately but was fairly generous today giving up some clad and a Roosevelt dollar coin...a first for me....woohoo!
I had one very gooped up penny show up...I left it and washed my handsNice find. In the last week one very beat up modern penny has appeared around here.
