The FISHEYE with a Deadeye

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kdye401

Oct 22, 2004
Riverside California
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000DI Whites MXT
Fisheye,
Never mind about the description, I ran a word search and found your other posting. Thats quite a detector you have.
HH
Kenny

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wreckdiver,nice find,from what research i have done so far,the deadeye style i have was used anywheres from 1609 to 1690 on a 4 or more masted ship,i havent found what country its from yet,the company that made deadeyes sold them to anyone that was building a ship.i have found copper sheeting in the area where i found the deadeye,the spanish used copper sheeting on some of thier ships.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE, the one I found dates to the very late 1700?s, to the early 1800?s. Now all I need to do is find the rest of the wreck.

Q

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Deadeye is used on a sailing ships rope rigging,usally they are mounted on the sides of the ship with rope or iron straps,the ropes go from the deadeye to the masts,they can be tightend to keep the masts straight or put a bend in them.a deadeye is pretty much like a turnbuckle.

N

neverfindnothin

hey! long time no talk how have ya been? any good new finds
chrissy

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi chrissy,
the only thing i found was a crummy ole railroad spike at new symrna beach last week,im going back this week,the nor easter took a big chunk of sand out of the dunes.

some history on the crummy railroad spike,apparently the rail road would put one of these spikes in the rails at the end,this one i found was never used,perhaps some rail worker stole it thinking it was solid gold? or maybe it got lost or grew legs,who knows why i found it on the beach.but its not solid gold but its heavyly plated i wish it was solid,i could retire!

Attachments

• goldspike.jpg
    goldspike.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 948
  • goldspike.jpg
    goldspike.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 967
OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chrissy,
heres what i have been working on,getting it ready for warmer weather,no more many many trips to the beach in this,ill just stay for as long as i want:)i got it off freecycle,was alot of work to get it back here,i drove it back last week.no brakes,had to replace all the lines,plus fuel lines,rebuilt the carb,it needs some work inside,new floor,new ulposltry,some cabinet work,plus the roof is too low for me,must have been made for midgets,im gonna raise it 1 foot,but at least its all fixable.

Attachments

• RV.jpg
    RV.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 945
  • RV.jpg
    RV.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 924

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread