The GPX-5000 -- Coming Out Soon! & 2 or 3 NEW VLFs

Texasguy24

Greenie
Mar 15, 2010
KINGWOOD, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Minelab GPX-4500, Minelab Excalibur II, Vipir
The GPX-5000 -- Coming Out Soon! & 2 or 3 NEW VLF's

MINELAB fans ... Check Out Some Awesome New Models coming eventually!!! =)

I know someone who works with Minelab and they confirmed my suspicions, they finished the GPX-5000 and are just waiting for the right time to release it. Word of mouth going around says in Australia that areas of their warehouses are stocked up on them for this yr's release!!!!! it could even be post 2011.

Further more,
The new Minelab "Explorer SE Pro" + the Minelab "Safari" (which is really a great machine from field testers)--- The same individual I know field tested this first model and his opinion of it was that YES it has some comfort & perks. With the advancing technology of these VLF's, maybe we can get something as a perfect VLF machine. The new model looks identical to an ETrac. OHHHH!!!! One thing I forgot which is an Amazing advancement with this model is its kHz range:: 1.5kHz to 100kHz, which is a huge advancement in VLFs, and what the Minelab field tester suggested they do!

Have a Great Day!

Upvote 0

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Re: The GPX-5000 -- Coming Out Soon! & 2 or 3 NEW VLF's

it could even be post 2011

You mean to say that it may not be be till 2012 that we see these machines? Isn't the world supposed to end in 2012 according to some folks?

I want them now !

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008

joesen said:
Last I heard, Minelab moved to Mylasia. The units from there dont even work.
I just bought an Infinium.
Was afraid to buy a Minelab because they aren't a very stable company right now.
Who knows if they are going to be around in the next few years.
Not sure if they work or not. So far, I do not believe that many folks have any of the units made in Malaysia. I would be more afraid of buying a GM or Chrysler car.

The move there was to get away from the Irish economy. Ireland, like so many other European countries is bankrupt. Civil war is possible as it is now going on in Greece. Look for other European countries to have civil unrest. BTW...it is also possible here in the US.

As far as being a stable company, Yeah, it is hard to get new machines, but that is to be expected when the price of gold goes as high as it has. And the economy of the world is having an effect. Parts suppliers are either cutting back or going completely out of business. That is one of the reasons why Tesoro is having problems with supplying new machines. One of their suppliers went out of the business of making certain parts.

And as far as being around in the next few years, I sure can say that about any company and anyone!

The only business I can surely say will be around for ever is the banking business. They took 27 trillion from us and want even more. Wait till the derivative bubble bursts......they will want almost 700 trillion to cover their stupidity.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Most detectors are assembled in Australia and a small percentage in Malysia.
Minelab is NOT or has NOT nor considered moving to Malaysia...That would make no sense.
It's comical to even think that.
That would be a bad business decision.

They are however opening a new warehouse in Chicago and not soon enough.
I have clients waiting for spare battery packs going on a month now. Not to mention detectors too.
It's much needed as Minelab surpasses everyone in this industry.
The new warehouse is much needed to meed the demand of product.
The reason I'm told for the huge backorder issue was poor forecasting the previous year and high demand world wide for the machines.

As as far as the gpx5000 goes, it's coming alright! but, don't hold your breath on the date.

RigDean

Sep 6, 2008

motoxkev601 said:
MINELAB fans ... Check Out Some Awesome New Models coming eventually!!! =)

I know someone who works with Minelab and they confirmed my suspicions, they finished the GPX-5000 and are just waiting for the right time to release it. Word of mouth going around says in Australia that areas of their warehouses are stocked up on them for this yr's release!!!!! it could even be post 2011.

Further more,
The new Minelab "Explorer SE Pro" + the Minelab "Safari" (which is really a great machine from field testers)--- The same individual I know field tested this first model and his opinion of it was that YES it has some comfort & perks. With the advancing technology of these VLF's, maybe we can get something as a perfect VLF machine. The new model looks identical to an ETrac. OHHHH!!!! One thing I forgot which is an Amazing advancement with this model is its kHz range:: 1.5kHz to 100kHz, which is a huge advancement in VLFs, and what the Minelab field tester suggested they do!

Have a Great Day!

Hasn't this frequency range been out since 2000 when the first explorer hit the scene?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread