The 'HAUL' after 4 hours in a river with just a pin pointer and a magnet.

mk4125

Jul 9, 2015
Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett/AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 93 degrees today in Northern Michigan...the salmon are all-but-gone and the tourists have headed south. This can only mean one thing:. time to hit a local swimming / fishing hole.

I worked a 20 foot area below one of the dropoffs...There were just too many targets to use a detector so my 12 year-old son opted for a magnet and a pinpointer. The river is shallow and the bottom is all small rocks / water is very clear.
Most targets were spotted by merely sweeping away the pebbles while others were located using the pinpointer. We found 2 rings, a token, old pocket knife, lures and a pocket full of clad. I am certain we picked up a small fraction of what's there.

IMG_20170924_211348.jpgIMG_20170924_211334.jpgIMG_20170924_211330.jpg

Upvote 27
That's a ton for 20 sq. ft.

Hotter than Hades here in northern Illinois this weekend too. Only place to detect is in or near water. You and your son done very well scouring the bottom for some cool finds. Also beat the HEAT by getting in the water. Excellent plan of attack!:headbang:

YOU FORGOT THE DANG FISH, WERE ARE THE FISH, <NICE FINDS

That must be one fine fishing hole! Great finds with just a pinpointer and good eyes! Congratulations!

YOU FORGOT THE DANG FISH, WERE ARE THE FISH, <NICE FINDS

There was one big ol' salmon swimming in there with us. He probably had a another week of life left in him but was still strong enough to avoid a 12 year-old (who tried to grab him by the tail when he came close).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back