The Lost Platinum Ledge of Death Valley

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I seem to have read something about said treasure tale many years ago somewhere...Is there anyone around here who has any information on said story???I believe that it mentioned a cement looking ore that was platinum bearing somewhere in Death Valley...

I hope that someone around here can shed some light on this one...:notworthy::occasion14:

Happy New Year everyone...

Ed T

I just read it in a newspaper this morning. It assayed 1,000 ounces of gold per ton. You need to look up:
Rawlins Republican no. 10 February 16, 1893, page 5

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read it in a newspaper this morning. It assayed 1,000 ounces of gold per ton. You need to look up:
Rawlins Republican no. 10 February 16, 1893, page 5

I have given up on chasing treasure tales Tiredman...I have found treasures that have nothing to do with monetary gains...Sure I have found baubles that could have turned me into a rich man...But I have no monetary riches to prove my claims...lol...Heck...I have even held what I claim to be the seal of the living God in my hands as well...I had even sealed my self with it before I tossed it away...

I am content in being what I am...One day I will pass from this life into the afterlife and I will sit beside my maker...There is no amount of riches in this world that can buy such a privilege Tiredman...

Who knows???Maybe one day I just may return to some of my old stomping grounds...And I just may find another diamond or two...Or even three...Then I'll have to try to find some platinum to set them in...rofl...I will just have to wait and see what My Father has in store for me...

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for allowing me to demonstrate how simple research can be. The real treasure is the story and not items of value.

Research back in the day was a pain in the patootie...lol...In this digital day and age it is much easier than it was back then...

I wonder IF there are any people on this site that has inside information on the seal that I have mentioned...I personally believe that there are those who have inside info on my silly platinum ore and my little Tia Juana...My little Tia Juana put the Uncle Sam to shame...Oh well...

I wonder how one can research such silly rants???That research you posted is mind boggling...1000 ounces to the ton...That sounds like De Re Metallica ore...The ancients were some really wise miners...They knew how to find rich areas to mine...They did not use heap leaching...Or did they???

Ed T

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Right at this time someone is making money from the cement mine, merely by talking about it. Someone made money from it when it was in the vague forgotten source you claimed you read years ago.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right at this time someone is making money from the cement mine, merely by talking about it. Someone made money from it when it was in the vague forgotten source you claimed you read years ago.

Swindlers are a dime a dozen Tiredman...I am certain that there are more swindlers than there are poets...lol...IF I wanted to make money off of some of my discoveries I would then have to worry about said investors and such...That is probably one of the main reason I don't believe I'll ever seek investors...I do what I do for the fun of it...And IF I am not having fun at something that I do...I stop doing it...I have a few hobbies...And I jump from one to another when I stop having fun with each of them...I dabble in: poetry, auto mechanics, prospecting, and fishing...To name a few of my hobbies...I gave up on researching lost mines and treasure tales many years ago...Once I found a diamond and platinum, I felt I discovered all that one could find while prospecting...Gold, silver, and copper were pretty easy to find...With the right informational sources...The diamond and platinum were a pain in the rear to find...All I can say about finding them is research, research, and more research...And getting out of the house and searching for whatever it is you are searching for...

And I wouldn't doubt that the person I gave the diamond to has made money by conning investors to invest in his secret diamond mine in NV...lol...One day I do plan on making a trip to Reno to search for more of them...But even I am not certain IF I will ever find another one...The odds are astronomical..."10 million to one of finding any diamond and a billion to one" of finding another little Tia Juana...Oh well...I have learned a lot from my mistakes...But I have not sought any investors to fund my search for anything...rofl...Who needs partners???Not me...I have enough stress in my life as it is...Investors will only complicate and stress me out more than anything...Thanks...But no thanks...

I quoted the odds from this site... http://www.johnbetts-fineminerals.com/jhbnyc/diamondtest.htm I wonder what the odds of finding a IF white paragon diamond are???

Ed T

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Research back in the day was a pain in the patootie...lol...In this digital day and age it is much easier than it was back then...

I wonder IF there are any people on this site that has inside information on the seal that I have mentioned...I personally believe that there are those who have inside info on my silly platinum ore and my little Tia Juana...My little Tia Juana put the Uncle Sam to shame...Oh well...

I wonder how one can research such silly rants???That research you posted is mind boggling...1000 ounces to the ton...That sounds like De Re Metallica ore...The ancients were some really wise miners...They knew how to find rich areas to mine...They did not use heap leaching...Or did they???

Ed T

Boy howdy you ain't kidding there amigo! You had to hunt through musty old newspaper piles in the courthouses, visit the historical societies, talk with the old timers at the saloons, even the guy pumping gas at the gas station was a possible source for a new lead. We have it way too easy today.

I would not dismiss the tales of the Cement mine so quickly or off-handedly. It is an unusual type of ore granted, but hardly unknown either - here in the Black Hills a number of rich gold mines were actually just exactly that kind of ore, a cement of sand, clay and gravel loaded with gold. In this case they were believed to be an ancient paleo-placer, a beach placer that existed in the Cambrian age when the hills were islands in a massive inland sea. Just because promoters and treasure writers have been peddling a story for a long time, embellishing, distorting and even deliberately misleading their readers to make a fast buck, does NOT mean that the original story is not based on a very real deposit of gold. (Or silver, diamonds, even platinum hint hint!)

Still looking around for such a story of a lost platinum ledge in Death Valley, so far no such luck. But I never say die either. Please do continue;

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy howdy you ain't kidding there amigo! You had to hunt through musty old newspaper piles in the courthouses, visit the historical societies, talk with the old timers at the saloons, even the guy pumping gas at the gas station was a possible source for a new lead. We have it way too easy today.

I would not dismiss the tales of the Cement mine so quickly or off-handedly. It is an unusual type of ore granted, but hardly unknown either - here in the Black Hills a number of rich gold mines were actually just exactly that kind of ore, a cement of sand, clay and gravel loaded with gold. In this case they were believed to be an ancient paleo-placer, a beach placer that existed in the Cambrian age when the hills were islands in a massive inland sea. Just because promoters and treasure writers have been peddling a story for a long time, embellishing, distorting and even deliberately misleading their readers to make a fast buck, does NOT mean that the original story is not based on a very real deposit of gold. (Or silver, diamonds, even platinum hint hint!)

Still looking around for such a story of a lost platinum ledge in Death Valley, so far no such luck. But I never say die either. Please do continue;

I don't sweat the small stuff Oro...I have even read that platinum was mined in the Searchlight district of NV...Who knows??? Promoters and speculators have been fleecing the innocent for years...And even in this day and age there are those making a buck from those who are eager to believe most of what they are fed...

It is where one finds it...And I know that IF I wanted to be rich...He whom I call My Father would let me hit the lottery one day...Or he would show me where I could find: gold, silver, platinum, copper, and diamond...But what do I know???Only time will tell...IF he will ever let me retrace my steps... :)

Heck...He might even guide me unto areas where there are riches stored by some religious fanatics to fund the second coming...lmao

Ed T

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat legend. Now platinum is a native element and occurs in metallic form. It could occur or have been deposited with a limestone type cement looking deposit, but it will not look like cement. I never heard of that legend before. There is a minor amount of platinum on the west coast, a lot of times mixed in with gold deposits.

The Spanish used to throw platinum into the rivers to "ripen" thinking it was gold that had not yet matured.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Spanish used to throw platinum into the rivers to "ripen" thinking it was gold that had not yet matured.

I believe that I have read that story as well AARC...I believe that story originated in the Pinto area...Who can say for certain though???

Ed T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other

I am currently working on the Lost Cabin Mine of Wyoming. Much material, fun project.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
As for the cement mine, I believe I am sitting on some good lenghty articles on it. Date found and by who, but our next state is Utah.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your search Tiredman...I hope you find what you are searching for...

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you writing a book Tiredman???

I have enough poems posted online to fill at least 10 books of poetry...lol...Oh well...Maybe one day I may take a break and organize some of them into collections of selected poems into books...

Anyhow, enough of me, if you are putting a book together...Is it going to be about lost mines and treasure tales???

Ed T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you writing a book Tiredman???

I have enough poems posted online to fill at least 10 books of poetry...lol...Oh well...Maybe one day I may take a break and organize some of them into collections of selected poems into books...

Anyhow, enough of me, if you are putting a book together...Is it going to be about lost mines and treasure tales???

Ed T

I have 23 books out on lost treasure and was on a silly travel channel episode. Our books take the old stories and legends and seek out when they first appeared. Oddly they are also old west, so there is a good market.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to get more into YouTube and give the material away! It is a different market and enough traffic equals advertising, which is money once more. 15 years ago on this forum I was one of the biggest junk thread posters there ever was. Is my "Trail Of Tears" story still on the forum?

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana 7 volumes 2,991 pages, articles and topo maps. Wyoming 5 volumes, roughly 1,600 pages. Things continue to turn up after a state is done. My entertainment is old newspapers.

That is a lot of writing Tiredman...I can imagine the research that went into the final written word must have been exhausting...Is that where your screen name comes from???I too would be tired after reading all of those newspapers...

I guess that is one of the main reasons I will probably never become a published poet...I find it hard to go back and read my old poems...lol...I guess you can say that they are really rot10...Shoot...IF I don't want to read them why would anyone else want to read them???

I wish you prosperity with your writing Tiredman...I personally don't seek any monetary reward from any of my hobbies...I just find enjoyment in the hobby itself...Good luck unto all of you who seek otherwise...I haven't a clue on how many times my ship has come in...And I refused to board the darned thing...rofl :laughing7:

Ed T:tongue3:

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to get more into YouTube and give the material away! It is a different market and enough traffic equals advertising, which is money once more. 15 years ago on this forum I was one of the biggest junk thread posters there ever was. Is my "Trail Of Tears" story still on the forum?

IF your old screen name was Fossis..."Trail Of Tears" is still up on this site...Just do an advanced search and it comes up on the last page of the search...

Ed T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread