The New Garrett 5" x 8" DD Coil On The AT Pro Hunt Results + More Air Tests

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The New Garrett 5" x 8" DD Coil On The AT Pro Hunt Results + More Air Tests

5x8coilonatpro2parks.jpg

I managed to get in a couple of hours at a park which I hit about a month ago. There weren't a lot of deep targets here, but then I wouldn't be specifically searching for deep targets with this 5" x 8" AT coil. This coil is a real treat. It is very sensitive to coin sized objects, and bangs HARD! You know when it's a coin. The audio capabilities remain intact that you are familiar with in Pro mode. It fits like a glove on the lower rod. For a quick attachment you insert the rubber washers, attach the plastic attachment bolt, tighten it up a bit and the coil is ready to go. And you can almost surgically separate a coin directly beside junk, as it happened twice tonite. I once got a nickel out with a rusty bottle cap directly beside it, and a penny also beside a bottle cap. Now this coil is much smaller then the 9" x 12" Concentric coil which I am used to. However, to compensate for searching a given area in a timely fashion, the 5" x 8" can be whipped back and forth with lots of speed, and you can still easily pick out the good targets from the junk. I purposely hunted the baseball area where the players sit on those wooden benches. That area is normally littered with pull tabs, bottle caps and conductive food wrappers. This coil allows you to pick out the coins amongst the trash with ease. This 5" x 8" coil very good coil to keep in your arsenal for such places. It should also do very well in the woods in tight areas, where using a standard sized or larger coil is too much of a challenge. I have many times pulled out old coins from the bases thick bushes, where other detectorists had just passed them by.

5x8coilonATProtokendogtag.jpg

Here's what I usually call the best of the best, but I am having some second thoughts on these bad finds. But, they are what they are, and part of tonites package. :)

After I got home, I had some time left to air test some objects. I too was curious as to how deep these objects might be found at. Below are the results. This new 5" x 8" DD coil has a lot of potential for a lot of specific areas. And yet does a fine job just coin shooting.

Attachments

• 5 x 8 coil on AT Pro.jpg
    5 x 8 coil on AT Pro.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,550

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions