What's new

The Ring that cost me a lot of time"

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
539
Golden Thread
0
Location
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am one that will admit to a bonehead mistake, This is a first for me.
Went to one of my resort beaches a couple of days ago, the same one I found the gold coin pendent on the beach a couple of weeks ago.
Did a Hookah dive and it was going great, lots of coins and then toward the end I came up with a 18k band small.
Great" came up took a picture of it and instead of putting it back in my mesh bag that I have on my chest, I was going to do like everyone else and put it on my carabiner.....looks cool and safe...well, I fumbled the ball and dropped it...Great, well, just go down and get it back, well, my mask had dropped when I took my headphones off....of great, well look for it, the water was murky, I just marked the spot with my tank and float and went back and got my other mask, came back and looked for that sucker for 30 min...nothing...wow, I guess that's why there is always something left behind. Well, the beach was about to open and I could not be there anymore.

Come back the next day and new tank ande all to look for it for another two hours, ,,,nothing, but did find other stuff too in the same area. (make this short)
Have to leave again
Get home
Start to think about it.
Start to think about my mesh bag that was on my chest with the biner right above it.
Yes, I had not look in my mesh bag yet, went into the shower and dumped everything out and yes, there it was. The ring that cost me all that time. I had thought it had dropped into the water, but it had dropped into the bag again. Lesson learned, just leave it in the bag next time.:BangHead:

Thanks for reading.....I hope this will be my only screw up this and next year.

My finds were just at $40 in change that kind of surprised me and the ring. I did make a video of it, but I am still working with it being new to doing that and all..
View attachment 1369435View attachment 1369440
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0245.webp
    IMG_0245.webp
    401.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 2014_0107_225441_003.webp
    2014_0107_225441_003.webp
    217 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Upvote 60
Very cool! Glad you had the ring in the bag the whole time so at least you didn't lose it! :treasurechest::icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom