What's new

the Sacred Oak in Oley, Berks County,

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,835
Reaction score
76,274
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1756097044648.webp
1756096983390.webp
1756096942502.webp


000ccc.webp

the Sacred Oak in Oley, Berks County, estimated to be 500 to 700 years old. This Chinkapin Oak (Quercus muehlenbergii) predates European settlement and was a sacred site for the Lenape Indians. While no core samples have been taken to certify its age, its historical significance, size, and longevity make it a strong contender for the title of Pennsylvania's oldest tree.
40°22'30.5"N 75°48'40.9"W
000bbb.webp
000aaa.webp
000ggg.webp
000hhh.webp


Because of Tree Huggers the Odds are good Nobody Ever got to Search it.
However ! Maybe No One Asked Either .

of Course if I Was the Property owner , I'd have Lost Count of how many timrs I detected it, & Maybe Hugged it after :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Oldest Mention in Berks Papers Under that Name 1875


000aaa.webp
 
Taking This one For Granted was there

000aaa.webp

000bbb.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom