The Tetris Effect (reoccurring dreams of CRH)

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would explain my reoccurring dreams of me coin roll hunting in my sleep..Have y'all ever experienced this? Very interesting stuff to be honest, sometimes I will find silver other times it will be very repetitive search through half dollars, over and over sometimes conquering the whole dream..I find this happens more when i'm doing a lot of boxes in real life...Detailed explanation here: The Tetris effect (also known as Tetris Syndrome) occurs when people devote sufficient time and attention to an activity that it begins to overshadow their thoughts, mental images, and dreams. It is named after the video game Tetris - from wikipedia page Tetris effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. During the day multiple times I've seen a stack of half dollars with a mint state silver rim staring out at me. I'm driving in the car, and all of a sudden see all that copper with a brilliant shiny silver rim in the middle. It's ridiculous.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. During the day multiple times I've seen a stack of half dollars with a mint state silver rim staring out at me. I'm driving in the car, and all of a sudden see all that copper with a brilliant shiny silver rim in the middle. It's ridiculous.

haha that sucks accordselux, I havent had that happen in that fashion yet thankfully.. However when i'm searching through rolls I will take the coins out and for a second I'll glance at the opened handful of halves and think I see a silver but at a second glance its clearly not! I blame that phenomenon on high hopes vs reality..look we are getting all deep in the coin roll hunting forum now!

Last edited:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep been there, have had several dreams about CRH. Usually finding better stuff than I do in real life, always a shame.

hey cougar729 is that a honda rebel in your pic?

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep been there, have had several dreams about CRH. Usually finding better stuff than I do in real life, always a shame.

Yep me too. It sucks when u wake up and realize u don't really have all that silver.

Nydus Touch

Jan 9, 2013
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I dream about CRH all the time! I was just not brave enough to admit it until now, ha ha. Sadly, I don't have much more success in my dreams than in real life.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a dream just last night the CU had thousands of ikes, and I took out my entire account balance to buy them all.

I had solid roll dreams
I had dreams about finding money
I had dreams that they gave me rolls of halves for free

every other night I have a dream about coin roll hunting.
mlk2.jpg

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a dream just last night the CU had thousands of ikes, and I took out my entire account balance to buy them all.

I had solid roll dreams
I had dreams about finding money
I had dreams that they gave me rolls of halves for free

every other night I have a dream about coin roll hunting.
View attachment 785094

I like your poster.

RVA

Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a dream a few weeks ago of ''reject tubes'' at gas stations, where you could pay in change at the pump. all of these reject tubes were full of walking halves and silver Ikes.... I kept trying in vain to open them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread