- Joined
- Jan 9, 2007
- Messages
- 14,115
- Reaction score
- 4,540
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I had the privilege of detecting with two other TN members. Mirage (Bob), who traveled down from Ohio with his wife to enjoy a weekend of this wonderful NC weather, and of course my company.
DD-777 (Andy) also drove over to hunt with us.
Poor Andy got so sunburned that he looked like a tick ready to pop!
We hit two Colonial properties, and two old houses in town. It was a bit of a rush hunting though, because I wanted them to have a shot at each spot. Unfortunately, the finds were minimal, but the fun was something I'll cherish. Thanks guys!
The highlight of my finds was a 1906 IH and six wheats (oldest was a 1918).
Whoopie!!!

I just finished up two more displays that will be put up at the one Colonial property I detect at.
The bottles some of you may recall were dug up by NC Joe a few weeks back at the Colonial house. He was generous enough to donate them to the owner. I filled them with different colored dyed water to set them off, sealed them, and then glued them in place onto a rustic display shelf I made out of old wood. I threw a few skeleton keys in too for that old effect.
The rusty farm relics I brushed off a bit, sprayed them with a stop-rust spray, and nailed them in place onto a weathered piece of wood.
I think they look great grouped together.
Have a great week,
MM
DD-777 (Andy) also drove over to hunt with us.Poor Andy got so sunburned that he looked like a tick ready to pop!
We hit two Colonial properties, and two old houses in town. It was a bit of a rush hunting though, because I wanted them to have a shot at each spot. Unfortunately, the finds were minimal, but the fun was something I'll cherish. Thanks guys!The highlight of my finds was a 1906 IH and six wheats (oldest was a 1918).
Whoopie!!!

I just finished up two more displays that will be put up at the one Colonial property I detect at.
The bottles some of you may recall were dug up by NC Joe a few weeks back at the Colonial house. He was generous enough to donate them to the owner. I filled them with different colored dyed water to set them off, sealed them, and then glued them in place onto a rustic display shelf I made out of old wood. I threw a few skeleton keys in too for that old effect.
The rusty farm relics I brushed off a bit, sprayed them with a stop-rust spray, and nailed them in place onto a weathered piece of wood.
I think they look great grouped together.
Have a great week,
MM
Attachments
-
MVC-029S.webp24.7 KB · Views: 912 -
MVC-030S.webp29.2 KB · Views: 872 -
MVC-031S.webp37.2 KB · Views: 880 -
MVC-032S.webp23.8 KB · Views: 868 -
MVC-033S.webp23.3 KB · Views: 868 -
MVC-035S.webp24.9 KB · Views: 871 -
MVC-038S.webp19.2 KB · Views: 851 -
MVC-026S.webp52.7 KB · Views: 873 -
MVC-027S.webp44.7 KB · Views: 857
Upvote
0










