What's new

Thimble

ticm

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
3,243
Reaction score
792
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Dug this thimble up today. I did a web. search and found about a thousand sites on thimbles. Who knew. Anyway does someone know how old this one is. I could not find a site on the web that showed how old this type with no top is.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0181.webp
    IMG_0181.webp
    93.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0183.webp
    IMG_0183.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
ticm ~

What you have there is called a ...

"Tailors' Thimble"

I'm not sure when your specific one was made, but check out the following link where it talks about them. For starters just read the main article, and then after that you can click on the side panel for more options. You might even want to contact the site for specifics about your particular thimble. If there are any marks on it, I'm sure that would help as well.

Good luck.

SBB

Link: Thimble

Thimble - Tailors'.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip. Just so much info on web.
 
Upvote 0
Also called 'open topped'.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom