Things to look for in todays paper money

bottle hunter

Greenie
Feb 7, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things to look for in today's paper money

Hey everyone. Like most I enjoy seeing old notes. The designs and look of them are special and the fact that today's notes look so different makes those old ones significant I think. Just wondering what you look for with the modern bills/notes... I know about star notes and a couple things to look for in serial numbers. Would like to know more.

For instance I have a couple where the top border is cut down. The border looks to be around 1/4th the height of a normal note. Worth saving? Have also seen serial numbers where one of the numbers is in bold print. Around twice the thickness of the others maybe. I had four crisp 2013 20's that have sequential numbers.

MJ53775660A... then 661, 662, and 663. Rest of number the same. Had to use the first two. I imagine people get these a lot but is there any value here? I'm kinda new at this so sorry if I don't know much. Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
bottle hunter

bottle hunter

Greenie
Feb 7, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I used the wrong term for the 20's that go together. Consecutive would be more accurate. So these aren't worth anything I'm assuming. That's ok, thought I'd check it out anyways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread