🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But apparently, a dark side as well. I was invited back to hunt with a fellow hunter that lives about 75 miles from me. I went yesterday and did very good, so we met back there again today. Things started off really slow today and for the first 1 1/2 I thought maybe I wasted a drive over. I dug nothing but beaver tails and some clad while my buddy started finding wheats right away. Finally, things turned my way with the first silver dime at 5", next came a wheat at 6" and the 3rd hit was another rosy at 6" My buddy had to leave and end up with some clad and 7 wheats from the area I had hunted around yesterday :( After he left things heated up until I had to leave. I found the nazi pin at 5" very close to where I had found one the day before, seems like this park may have been a place where nazi gatherings were held. This town had 2 prisoner of war camps by during WW II from what the lady at the parks and recreation had told me. What are the odds of finding one much less 2 in the same park. Within 10 minutes of the pin find, I got a hit at 6" and pulled a bullet out, right next to one of my buddies plugs, so I swept my coil over the spot and got a high tone on the other side of his plug. At 6" I dug another rosy, I had to call him and rub it in of course :) I filled the hole, swept the spot and I'll be danged, another good tone, from 8" comes a rosy in the same hole I had just dug the first one from. I'm smiling big and loving life at this point, my goal for the day was 3 silvers and I had just dug #4, mission accomplished!! I didn't care if I found anything else at this point, but, the fun wasn't over, not 5' from the last 2 silvers I get a high tone with jumping numbers but my cursor hung to the top of the screen. At 8" I pull the merc and just about fell over, I was expecting a wheatie, not a silver dime. My best silver dime day in a very long time. I pulled 2 more wheats before running out of time, so, I ended up with 6 wheats, 5 silver dimes and the assorted stuff in the picture. I'll be going back and using a smaller coil next time on the E-trac, emi made it impossible to run anything but auto-sens. I'm hoping the smaller coil will allow me to open her up a bit and get in between the massive amounts of iron that's everywhere. I ran with 0 disc, deep on, multi-tones and ferrous sounds, that setup worked very good. The third picture is from the day before. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• IMG_3275.JPG
    IMG_3275.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3276.JPG
    IMG_3276.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3272.JPG
    IMG_3272.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 1
Man, that's a good park! Nice job

Man, that's a good park! Nice job

All this came out of an area 40'x50' the park is only a square block in size. I wished I lived closer :) 2 1/2 hr round trip

Great finds!!! congrats on the silvers... :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back