What's new

this was laying there a long, long, long time

davest

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
3,320
Reaction score
1,289
Golden Thread
0
Location
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
water hunting near ft desoto this came up. I wasn't sure what it was because it looked like rock but sounded like metal.
I hit the crud a bit harder than I should have and the other parts fell apart..

I'm gonna keep this as my oldest relic to date. I think it's a Case or a Shrade, but under the rust, I can't make it out.
 

Attachments

  • knife find 002.webp
    knife find 002.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 682
  • knife find 002.webp
    knife find 002.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 664
  • knife find 002.webp
    knife find 002.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 673
  • knife find 001.webp
    knife find 001.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0
davest said:
water hunting near ft desoto this came up. I wasn't sure what it was because it looked like rock but sounded like metal.
I hit the crud a bit harder than I should have and the other parts fell apart..

I'm gonna keep this as my oldest relic to date. I think it's a Case or a Shrade, but under the rust, I can't make it out.

Cool find. :icon_thumright: You might want to soak it in fresh water for a while to pull some of the salt out of it. HH.
 
nah, I'm gonna cover it with fiberglass resin and put it on my desk. There's a 1/4 inch of build up and a bunch of little seashells in the coating.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom