What's new

This weeks dime boxes -and my 2010 goals

MauserMan

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
279
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Have done two boxes this week, and número uno was my first skunk. Box 2 was good by my standards, as it netted me a '48, '54, and '63. I just picked up another box today but I've got a bad feeling about it. All the top Enders are shiny and appear brand new. I'll update if It gives up anything.

Alright, I'm starting to get into the hobby so I thought I'd set some goals to hit before January. I'd like to find a Merc and a silver Washington... we shall see.

HH
 
Upvote 0
>:( >:( >:(
I opened one of the rolls and that's all I needed to see. Dang I'm mad, they're all 2010's!!! And now the bank's closed. >:(

This is worse than a skunk because now I didn't get my fix...
 
Had a hankering so I ran off to another branch bank and exchanged it for another box. Stopped at a light to examine it and it looks like another complete set of 2010 p's. Sometimes you've just got to laugh at life. :tongue3: :laughing9: :o
 
Amen brother - so it's not just me! All I've been finding in Pittsburgh over the past few weeks are 2010's! Just today I turned down a box that was exactly as you described - all shiny enders and all 2010's.

Looks like the banks are getting flooded with these now. Will probably make the silver that much harder to find, but I hope I'm wrong.

HH,
cuttybce
 
what i dont understand is----why would someone order a 1K bag of 2010's from the mint, pay a premium plus shipping and then dump them in a bank? i just dont get it. that is how it's got to be happening since none are being made for circulation. the only thing i can see as a possibility is someone is getting these bags and searching them for the highest quality coin and then sending it off for grading with the hopes of getting a MS68,69,or 70. i would think that the 70 would be next to impossible to get out of a bag due to contact marks, but i really cant see much profit in a 68 or 69. i just cant come up with any other reason why someone would do this and yes i have found several rolls of the 2010's too. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
 
silvercop said:
what i dont understand is----why would someone order a 1K bag of 2010's from the mint, pay a premium plus shipping and then dump them in a bank? i just dont get it. that is how it's got to be happening since none are being made for circulation. the only thing i can see as a possibility is someone is getting these bags and searching them for the highest quality coin and then sending it off for grading with the hopes of getting a MS68,69,or 70. i would think that the 70 would be next to impossible to get out of a bag due to contact marks, but i really cant see much profit in a 68 or 69. i just cant come up with any other reason why someone would do this and yes i have found several rolls of the 2010's too. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
You do realize he is talking about dimes right. HH Mark
 
i dont get them very often, in fact i think ive found less that 10 dimes from 2010 :laughing9:
i have actually found more 2009 dimes that 2010 dimes!
keep it up and hh!
 
I could care less about the 2010's... they're very common. So I changed out the new coins for another box and it produced a '64 and a '60. I'll take 'em :). Also ordered a quarter box for next week, so I guess I'll really need some luck for those. :coffee2:
 

Attachments

  • Rosies.webp
    Rosies.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 200
sorry. i thought he was talking about halves. guess i had too much main meds on board :laughing7: :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom