Thnks guys...I had a FUN day!

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I hope to see some pics of your finds:)
(ahem especially RC2125 and j-devil's digs! And T-man's bottle!!!!!

<I'd show mine but we ALL know what clad and pulltabs look like.>

OH, OH, OH ....the mother of all finds goes to Diggin jimmy hoffa, it's damn near the KGC of all token finds...pre-dating Chucky Cheese!!!! AND he found 3 of them... Double damn! DJH, take a bow!

whew....Smasher....gawd, you really need to simmer down....all that chatter!

TmanfromTX...nice to finally meet you, even tho you are a bit bossy... :tongue3:

And whoosh...jags all I can say is I love a man in a uniform!

I hope you all know I'm messin' with ya and sincerely had a grand day! :-*

again, thanks!

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Vibes, it was really nice meeting you and all of the Indiana Tnetters that were able to make it. I really enjoyed it and hope we can do it again when they get that place cleared out a little. I gotta figure out how to clean those bottles. If someone has an idea I am all ears. TMAN...

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70
Vibes, just wait. I'm the type that needs to be around someone for awhile before i chat alot, and if that happens then you guys will probably be hiding from me saying " there's that guy that won't shut up" :laughing7:

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photo's of those rare tokens I found

First off, I would like to say, Vibes thank you for organizing this group hunt and I have to say, I did have a great time and met some new faces that I can put with the screen names here on Tnet.

Tman and rc2125, it was great to meet you both.

rc2125 really floored me at the leper location, within the first 10 minutes he was asking me what the coin he was holding was called. I had to flip it over to see the obverse side and was totally shocked. (see his post in the Indiana Finds Section) That little park does have some potential and for once, I didn't see any Goose droppings that I had to avoid. :laughing7:

I think Smasher is one of those quiet types and will definitely open up once he gets to know who everyone is. I know, met him later last year and we visited for a couple of hours at the least.

Man, it sure was a hot one out there in that sun wasn't it? I can't imagine digging those deep pits in that heat and humidity.

Jgas, it was great to meet you as well even though you weren't officially on the hunt per say and hope you can join us on one of the next ones. Keep safe out there on the streets as I know you will.

Now, onto the scans of the rare Pre-Chuckee Cheese tokens. Since we were hunting near the old saloon sites, I certainly thought that I had a good for token, that is, until I flipped it over and seen the logo on it. I scanned the hole again and actually got 2 more hits out of it, so technically it is a cache or a pocket spill if you wish to call it that. I am going with cache :laughing7:

Again, thanks for the hunt.

DJH

Attachments

• Showbiz (2).jpg
    Showbiz (2).jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 152

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Vibes, on headin this up. It was a hot one, good to get out and get to know some more of the local Tnet gang, Nice meetin everyone! Found some clad, a 47wheatie and this 1902 Dime(my best coin find to date):

DSC05908.jpg

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70
In case I didn't and I didn't, I thank you to vibes for a great hunt, I was suprised of the turn out,what was it about 10 or 11 of us showed up. DJH thanks for the water, I saved the bottle and when i got home i went to the bathroom and filled it up again,I'll give it back to you so that i don't owe you that dollar ;D (just playin). This was a weekend of bad timing, RC finds that dime about 10' from where i was at. and RC offers me to sell his f-70 2 days after i sent the money for mine.(story of my life!) HH Don

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smasher said:
In case I didn't and I didn't, I thank you to vibes for a great hunt, I was suprised of the turn out,what was it about 10 or 11 of us showed up. DJH thanks for the water, I saved the bottle and when i got home i went to the bathroom and filled it up again,I'll give it back to you so that i don't owe you that dollar ;D (just playin). This was a weekend of bad timing, RC finds that dime about 10' from where i was at. and RC offers me to sell his f-70 2 days after i sent the money for mine.(story of my life!) HH Don

Glad to se you recycling, but keep the bottle for those roadside emergencies that can occur. As for the F-70, that's usually the way it goes. A day late and a dollar short is my life story.

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Heres my best find of the day from the lot...beat up but still a 1903 injun

It was great to meet/see all you guys again lookin forward to the next one...congrats on the silver RC!!!

Attachments

• indian_00.jpg
    indian_00.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 177

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jersey devl said:
Heres my best find of the day from the lot...beat up but still a 1903 injun

It was great to meet/see all you guys again lookin forward to the next one...congrats on the silver RC!!!

Sweet find JD :icon_thumleft:

Find that at the other vacant lot you guys left for?

DJH

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Yeah ...that place was terrible with trash tho, we didnt stay long, hard diggin around buried bricks!
The injun was right next to some large iron I could tell by the way was nulling but right in the sweet spot she was locked on zinc penny ...only about 3"...got pretty lucky using the 8x9...Id go back if I had a smaller coil.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I wish I would've saved all the rusty nails I dug at the Temple lot. I had to stand back for a moment and READ that sentence as it;'s something I thought I'd never say in my life...but...I found a way to utilize my old rusty iron pieces w/o having to learn how to weld and it involves rusty nails.

If ya think about it, save the old, rusty ones for me...please:)

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:

Wish I would have known that before we left Sunday. I had a couple of real dandy's I would have given you. They're in the trash can near the building where the drinking fountainis.

DJH

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
vibes said:

Wish I would have known that before we left Sunday. I had a couple of real dandy's I would have given you. They're in the trash can near the building where the drinking fountainis.

DJH

The idea of how to utilize the old rusty iron didn't hit me until the other night otherwise I would've kept the ones I found and yours too:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread