SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went detecting yesterday with A2coins (Tommy), P.ALLEN (Pat) and a guy named Steve whose new to detecting, to one of Tommy's favorite sites. Tommy's always willing to share his spots! Once on the grounds, we all went our separate ways. Within the first half-hour I get a reasonable signal just above a pulltab and roll over the plug and see a hint of what looks like Gold.

I forgot my glasses, so I couldn't exactly make out the writing on the coin, but saw "2 DOLLARS" on the back of the coin and thought, did I finally get one.

Here it is...

P9090403.JPG

P9090406.JPG

Turns out it's a 1988 Australian 2 Dollar coin. Sure looked like Gold to me. I found out 1988 was the first year they were minted and they produced 360 million of them. Cool coin from our Mates down under!

After pocketing around $5 in clad and over 50 zincolns, this pretty Lady surfaced. Only down 5". Nice condition for an 80 year old coin from 1939!

P9090399.JPG

P9090401.JPG

Tommy, thanks again for setting up the outing!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome day.Congrats :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pleasure, Ive found so many of those foreign coins they look like some old ancient coin and your hoping for a hoard of em!!!!! The good thing is even though it wasn't a gold coin you got the feeling if just for a short time that you might have one that's more than many of us can say. Always fun to Detect with good people I found a cheap watch clad Bling and blang. Most of my silver and cool relics have come from here many hills which produce well Till next time Steve, Pat and Steve. Don't find any gold coins leave those for me!!!!!!lol

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man such a tease of a coin, nice merc though.

OP
OP
SD51

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pleasure, Ive found so many of those foreign coins they look like some old ancient coin and your hoping for a hoard of em!!!!! The good thing is even though it wasn't a gold coin you got the feeling if just for a short time that you might have one that's more than many of us can say. Always fun to Detect with good people I found a cheap watch clad Bling and blang. Most of my silver and cool relics have come from here many hills which produce well Till next time Steve, Pat and Steve. Don't find any gold coins leave those for me!!!!!!lol

Tommy, I hope some day I'm detecting with you when you find a Gold coin. I can just picture all of us doing the "Gold Happy Dance".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread