Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been trying to get out a couple morning per week to learn my machine.

Good news is I'm getting better at locating, pinpointing, and digging targets. Now if I can just start finding some real goodies!!

When I dug the dime I couldn't read the date (need glasses but am too stubborn) so I checked the rim. Looked like silver. Thought I had my first silver. Wrong.

Next was the zincoln. I thought it was a penny. (cent for the purists out there) turns out it's just a blob of zinc with a tiny bit of copper.

Last foolya was the small gold colored square. When that came out from under the sand, I thought I had found gold:headbang:.....Not!:BangHead: I think it's a piece of dog collar bling?? Oh well.....there's always tomorrow.

Thanks for looking. HH

Grease False 002.JPG False 003.JPG False 007.JPG False 008.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
The AT Pro picked that up? That's impressive. I thought my tiny hammered silver was a tough find.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I hate it when I find falsies. Such a big letdown when you realize they're not real...

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The AT Pro picked that up? That's impressive. I thought my tiny hammered silver was a tough find.

It did. More impressive, it was about 8" down, maybe more. Only target in the hole. The sand I'm digging in is fairly loose and well saturated. Been raining off and on for about two days.

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
FBT, at this stage of the game I'm just happy to locate, pinpoint, and retrieve! Shoot, I'm happy finding gum wrapper foil!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will learn as long as you keep swinging. I had a lot of fun with the AT PRO. For now,, dig everything, , HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread