Morning,
Yep, the notched point with the broken tip is an Evans...would have been a pretty nice one too. Also the small dark point to the left is an Evans though you cant tell the way its laying. Its notched on one side and they were unable to flatten the stone so it remained hump backed. The Gary is novaculite. It was the last point I found that day and I truly wanted to cry when I found it. Major impact on the tip split the end off.
That site is really nice, but you have to move a ton of dirt to find its bounty. One of those places you might find three fast, and then dig 4 hours before you find a fourth. Also there are more Evans points there than any place I have ever dug...on the order of 25%. I am trying to find a palmwood Evans. We find a ton of palmwood chips and chunks....I know there is a palmwood Evans somewhere around this place. No birdies in this place...full of older stuff. Haven't found a Dalton yet, but from the looks of some of the chips and broken pieces, its only a matter of time.
It snowed all day yesterday and the wind blew 30mph+ no digging for sure. Tomorrow is supposed to be 70+ ....gotta love Louisiana.

May have time to hit this place again over the weekend, its a long drive. Also it needs to dry out some. Water is literally running out of the ground most everywhere here.
Only have one site with gators, but I always keep an eye out.....a bigger threat here is snakes and wild hogs. Its moccasin time again and they love the holes you dig..never stick a hand in without checking close.
Happy Hunting,
Atlantis