Tiger Shark Silicone Grease

pamlicopanther

Feb 12, 2010
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur (Sword Model) Tesoro Cibola (With GB Mod)
I searched to try and get a definite answer to this, but I could not find anything certain so I decided to start a thread.

Can plumbers silicone grease be used for the Tiger Shark? I bought a used Tiger(Used but never been used) and it did not come with any silicone grease. I called Tesoro and they are sending me the proper grease and a new spare o-ring (Thanks Tesoro :thumbsup:).

The proper grease probably won't be here until next week and I wanted to get in the water this weekend. Would this plumbers silicone grease you get at Lowes be alright for just a weekend? I won't be going deep - Only chest deep at the most.

Thanks.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you can use it. You can also get silcone grease from a dive shop, or get some silicone dielectric grease from an auto parts store.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also get it at Home Depot in the plumbing department.

On another note, I use to buy pure silicone at autoparts stores, $30 a quart. I use to play Foosball tournaments, I used pure silicone to grease the rods up before the tournaments...........

OP
OP
pamlicopanther

pamlicopanther

Feb 12, 2010
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur (Sword Model) Tesoro Cibola (With GB Mod)
Thanks for the information.

Looks like my weekend plans have been changed for me so I don't know that I will be able to get wet anyway. It is still a bit cool in eastern NC anyway, not that I would let that stop me :laughing7:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread