What's new

TN etiquette question

ncsuwolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
3,211
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Richmond va
Haven’t run into this issue before (but about to) not sure of protocol, and don’t want to “ruffle any feathers”. Have a question…..when you post in todays finds, then have a follow up with the same item(s) after cleaning and looking for an id, do you add on to the original thread or post a new one?
 
when you post in todays finds, then have a follow up with the same item(s) after cleaning and looking for an id, do you add on to the original thread or post a new one?
I don't know if there's a rule about it, but I think most people would add to the original thread. I know I would.
 
Haven’t run into this issue before (but about to) not sure of protocol, and don’t want to “ruffle any feathers”. Have a question…..when you post in todays finds, then have a follow up with the same item(s) after cleaning and looking for an id, do you add on to the original thread or post a new one?
No "feathers being ruffled" 😁...
Add it to the original thread so members can see before and after.
 
Personally, I think there's nothing more annoying than multiple threads for the same item. There isn't then a single 'conversation' and folks posting on one thread often aren't aware of relevant information posted on another thread. I often see continuing speculative discussion on identification for something that has already been solved.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom