What's new

To Dump Or Not To Dump?

tanner

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
im not into the whole coin thing to be honest with yall....i usually pick the silver and dump the rest...however today i got my thrusday box and its $500 in 95 and 96 P's that are pristine. i would assume they are uncirculated. the ridges on the edges are very abrasive and you can see every lock of kennedy's hair.....in fact the ridges are still in such great shape they don't slide into wraps because of the resistance.....i'll admit there really nice coins but i think im gonna dump them....i feel bad cuz i know yall could be drooling over them but i have no use for them.....sooooo be on the lookout for a box of crisp 95 and 96's cuz they were mine! just thought id share
 
Upvote 0
Drooling??? Not so much! Just had a box of 1994 P's same shape. If you sell them in the fed wrappers as BU you can make a profit, but!!!!!!!

By the time you sell on ebay and pay listing - selling cost, Paypal fees if that is what you use then ship them you will be lucky to break even. I only made a $3.60 profit for all my effort and hassle.

So no I sure don't want them, I just dumped almost $1000 dollars just like the ones you found.

Good Hunting!!!!!!!!!!
 
I guess I would keep as much as I could afford to keep & dump the rest, would it be a hardship to keep say like $50.00 worth of each? Or even $20.00, just to have something to hand down to kids or grand kids if ya have any... Just a thought.
 
I have the same problem before with bu/au coins. An lot of time I dump them into bank machices like 8 or 9 rolls of 2000 or 1970 somthing denver or philly coins. I tosed tons brand new old halfs into bank machices like 1971d or 1976 rolls.

Reason if sold them on ebay is its more trouble than worth with fees. Lots relist from other sellers I learned . There is no demand on them it seems.

To tell you truth onley clad halfs worth trying to resell on ebay are 1982 or 1983 both mints , 1986 , 1978, 1993 philly half dollars on ebay. The rest its not worth the trouble. I just keep what I need for my sets and toss the rest of it.

Chevrolet454ss
 
Yep I kept one roll of each and dumped the rest.

Thanks
Cat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom