Indiana_Brandon

Feb 23, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
DD Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So as I told everyone a few weeks back we lost our home and everything in it so I will be getting a new detector come tax time! But I have been thinking about getting a different machine.. I had the AT Pro and it's a dang good machine no complaints but I just feel like I want something that can give me just that "little bit" more I'm looking for. I have been considering the F75LTD the T2 or E-,Track.. What's everyone's opinions on these machines and about upgrading?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are things? I hope you n yours are well.
I gotta recommend an ETrac.
GL
Peace ✌

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
up grades to me are justified by how much detecting that you actually do, is it enough to warrant the added expense? am I gaining more in the up grade? what are the benefits of stepping it up. I am in process of up grading to the deus, I really like the wireless and the weight of it plus the added benefits of its abilities. plus it collapses to nothing so easily to put behind the seat in my truck. you and you only know what and how you prefer to detect, I did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions just as you are right now. I also think if possible, one should at least try someone else's out to see if you really like that particular one or not. that's a lot of money to spend on a mistake for you. good luck on your decision

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wait, let me get this straight. A few weeks ago you lost everything you own, and now you're going to buy a metal detector? Are you serious?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Indiana_Brandon,

I hope you and your family are doing well. Perhaps, replacing the AT pro detector you had "no complaints" using; buying used at least for now may be a good option.

Good luck in your search and decisions.

Regards,

OP
OP
Indiana_Brandon

Indiana_Brandon

Feb 23, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
DD Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Boatload I do plan on replacing my detector i don't plan on just giving up. And I am fortunate enough to have a good job that provides a great Profit sharing bonus that I'll get in a few months. And to be totally honest I don't think I need to explain myself to you or anyone, I was simply doing some simple research on machines. But for the meantime I'll use the eurotech pro that someone was kind enough to donate to me and my family. So if you do not mind I could do without your condescending remarks.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bro I would want to get a machine as well. Tragedy shouldn't mean that you give up something that brings you tons of joy. My first ever machine was a T2 SE last September. I am in love with that machine and my finds have far exceeded what I ever expected in such a short time. It's deep as hell and separates well. I also have an F75 LTD. You cannot go wrong with either one man. I can only speak on these two as they're the only machines I've ever used. Good luck bud. Pm me with any questions

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like my F-75SE (just took advantage of the upgrade to F-75LTD2. It's not submersable past the control box but is a great coin hunting machine. The T2 is almost identical in appearance though the interface is much different and seems to favor relics.

The new F-75 LTD has new processes and tones that give all kinds of operating options - and a reset takes less than 10 seconds so it's easy to work with. The menu is all right there on the display and very intuitive.

Don't know about the Etrac but I like my much older era Minelab.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Boatload I do plan on replacing my detector i don't plan on just giving up. And I am fortunate enough to have a good job that provides a great Profit sharing bonus that I'll get in a few months. And to be totally honest I don't think I need to explain myself to you or anyone, I was simply doing some simple research on machines. But for the meantime I'll use the eurotech pro that someone was kind enough to donate to me and my family. So if you do not mind I could do without your condescending remarks.

Brandon
I dont think boatlode was actually asking you to explain yourself.I think he was shocked.I first read your post and put myself in your position(loosing everything I own) I couldnt even think about a detector for months let alone a few weeks.I cant even imagine loosing everything it would take me weeks of non stop shopping just to get all new clothes for my small family.The other things needed would take even more time shopping towels,furniture,silverware,dishes,appliances,a place to live just thinking about it stresses me out.I cant even imagine how overwhelming that would be.If money is not even a issue to replace everything that makes a house a home is a huge task.Its shocking to see that anyone could go thru such a huge life changing event and bounce back to everythings normal in just a few weeks.

OP
OP
Indiana_Brandon

Indiana_Brandon

Feb 23, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
DD Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slink- obviously I have a very long road to go with loosing everything and it will take years to recover but talking about detecting and looking forward to getting back out is my way of not letting it control every moment of my life... Common sense... Just being honest.

But thank you everyone else for the input so far it will be awhile I'm sure before I get to do anything but a little recon never hurt anyone!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brandon before I got mine I did months and months of research. I looked at the guys who were finding the stuff that I hoped to find (colonial coins and relics). I also talked to a few guys that run md shops and told them what I hoped to find and what my ground conditions were like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread