Todays Beach = Coins, Ring, and of course the Police!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here we go again folks. STUPID laws. However a fantastic officer.

I am at a state park in Utah. 5500 foot above sea level where there was never a lake. So the state of Utah make a huge earth dam in a canyon to flood it and presto, they have a lake. Then they truck in tons and tons of sand to make a beach and pave the road and make some very nice shelters for tables and fire pits.

So I am at this beach that is still frozen and I am detecting. I get a few coins, pull tabs and a child's adjustable junk ring and I get a visit from the Utah DNR. (Division of Natural Resources). I am advised that it is illegal to detect the beach. I could find an Indian artifact! WHAT??? How deep do they think a detector can go?

We had a wonderful talk and he told me he wasn't going to be around the rest of the day. He told me to contact the office in SLC on Monday. He did agree with me. Any artifacts will be under the concrete or sand or water and there probably isn't any metal ones anyway. I did tell him if I came across an arrow head I would turn it in!

Pictures will show the beach, the dam and the picnic areas, and of course my Indian artifacts. (The spark plug top could be a trade bead!)

Last edited:
Upvote 12
Can't wait till you can get back in and under - hope you have another good year my friend :icon_thumleft:

you should be hung...after being arrested :laughing7:

They have the firing squad here in Utah. Maybe one of you would like to see if you could claim the bullet that got me? It just might sell!!

Thanks for the story Casper. Too many police with nothing to do sometimes.

I sure can't wait to get back under also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back