What's new

Todays find

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Trying to clean up at this 1910s place. I thought this was a normal lipstick or beauty lid. With the way this end is I think it's something else and it's heavy for its size. Maybe a die stamp . Anyway here it is . Getting hot here in NC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4411.webp
    IMG_4411.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4412.webp
    IMG_4412.webp
    724.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4413.webp
    IMG_4413.webp
    782.9 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 5
I have several ideas, but none of them really make sense. I thought a stamp for leaving a pattern on metal. If so, Im not sure how it could ever be sharpened after repeat usage. Maybe to emboss clay, before it was fired?
 
I have several ideas, but none of them really make sense. I thought a stamp for leaving a pattern on metal. If so, Im not sure how it could ever be sharpened after repeat usage. Maybe to emboss clay, before it was fired?
I didn't know if it was for sealing envelopes with wax or something else
 
Having that rose on the end, it sure looks like a lipstick to me. I know I've dug some lipstick containers from probably the late 30's and 40's that were pretty heavy duty made
 
Looks like a rose. Make an impression in wax, plaster paris, mud, etc and "get a better impression" of the object. But cool nevertheless.
 
Because of the Rose on one end, my vote is for Lipstick tube. Neat find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom