Todays meager Civil War finds

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After a 3 month hiatus in Florida this summer, I returned to my battlefield permission spot only to find that what was once just cleared out trees and dirt is now THICK weeds taller than me (6ft). :BangHead::BangHead: So, after spending about 4 hours struggling through brush and sweating my butt off, I was only able to score a handful of items....
Two different sizes of cannister shot, an Enfield bullet, part of a lead artillery sabot, another big piece of iron that may be a shell fragment, a .36 pistol ball, and a buckshot.

I'm gonna have to figure out a better way to hunt out there now, because today just about killed me :icon_scratch: . Still thankful I have any relics at all to dig! Thanks for looking :headbang:

Attachments

• Civil War.jpg
    Civil War.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 4

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your hard earned finds.
Sounds like you're in Machete Country.

Last edited:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure that there is still plenty left to find. Watch out for the snakes. It was great meeting you and Bill and the Captain. Keep in touch buddy. Tim

OP
OP
Gitschlag

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure that there is still plenty left to find. Watch out for the snakes. It was great meeting you and Bill and the Captain. Keep in touch buddy. Tim

You too, Tim! You are always welcome. The property will soon be off limits for detecting as soon as deer season rolls in... Funny enough, even with the weeds I still eyeballed that Enfield bullet laying on the top.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread