Watton, MI. (Upper Pen.)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well took another van load in today n this is what i got

17lb of stainless @ $1 for a total of $17
456lb of steel @ $.04 for a total of $18.24
50lb of alum. @ $.50 for a total of $25

for a grand total of $60.24

but i have a question about stainless steel i know there is 2 differ kinds one magnet sticks to n one it doesn't. (400 n420 i think) OK i had both when i went to the yard n i got the $1 for the nonmagnet stainless n only got $.04 for the magnet stainless. what my ? is is this usually do u only get the price of steel for magnet stainless? just wondering no big deal to me just want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible. thanks to all that can help.

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice haul, i still beat you ;) ;D
there is a diffrence in price. all the one by me do it to. it has to do with the quality of the stainless. the one that doesnt stick is better. i beleve it has a higher chrome content. this allows it to go longer with out rusting. as a result more disire = higher price.
p.s. im not sure what i wrote is right. that but that is what i think. next time i go i will ask for you.

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
it might be ignorance too. Or the alloy is not as valuable. I'll look into it too.

good job though

Rumblebelly

OP
OP
MDING TOM

MDING TOM

Mar 19, 2006
Watton, MI. (Upper Pen.)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know the nonmagnetic is pure stainless n the magnet is more steel then stainless i was just wondering if any one gets more then $.04 thats all i get for steel is $.04 no big deal was just wondering if i should of gotten more on not I'm just happy to have gotten rid of it all lol .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread