What's new

Token?

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any ideas on what this token may have been used for? Assuming it is a token. I believe it reads "Butter Packer" - "James Patrick Wooster Ohio".
Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • butter packer 1.webp
    butter packer 1.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 340
  • butter packer 2.webp
    butter packer 2.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 340
Looks like a Civil war store card. Should be a date below the guys head of either 1862, 1863 or 1864.
Back during the Civil war everyone was hoarding the silver and copper coins so alot of the stores used these tokens like money.
 
Upvote 0
I agree, looks a lot like a CW store card, I'm surprised you cant see a date there at all. anyway nice find
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input guys. I cleaned her up a bit more and she bears the date 1863.
 
Upvote 0
Some interesting reading:
 

Attachments

  • Clipping.webp
    Clipping.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom