fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tornados hit the area last night between 10pm and midnight. I was fortunate that there was no damage at my house but the area where I work was hit hard. All the pictures were taken within two blocks at the edge of one area that received major damage. I couldn't get into the worst hit areas. If you click on the picture it will take you to my photobucket album where you can see more if you so desire. There is one picture that stands out to me, can you guess which one?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Your favorite ornamental tree by the house was uprooted. Bummer!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a close call!! I was out-n-about during a hurricane one year. Had a 1976 Ford truck with an old topper that had crank-out side windows with 3 panes of glass each. A huge Oak limb fell as I was driving and knocked out the top glass on the driver side.

Before that, was heading back to the station, riding in the Fire Chief's truck, when we came across another car stopped due to a downed Pine tree. We no more than stopped and got out of the truck than another big Pine fell across the back end of the car in front AND the front end of the Chief's truck. Was a busy season!! ...Keep wanting to say it was Hurricane Alicia, but can't remember now. Maybe Alicia was when I was in the USAF and helping out at a shelter. ...Dontcha just hate it when the mind goes?!?!? :BangHead:

Looking forward to seeing your other pics!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! That was bad!! Glad to hear you're OK!!

...Now for the South to do what they're so famous for - everyone coming together and helping out wherever they can, and everyone is equal! :headbang:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If you click on the picture in my post it will take you to my album at Photobucket.
Yes, already did. Thank you!

(CNN)Four people were killed when a tree fell on a home as a tornado swept through a rural Alabama community on Monday evening, authorities said.
The four were in a residence in the unincorporated community of Rehobeth when the storm struck. Crews were still working late Monday to remove the bodies from the structure, said Kris Ware, spokesman for the Houston County Emergency Management Agency.

The National Weather Service reported that a tornado was in the area at the time of the incident. Its size and strength will be determined when survey crews have examined the extent of the damage.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rehobeth would be about 75 miles west of us. There hasn't been a total count of tornadoes yet that I know of. This is definitely not normal weather for this time of year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread