What's new

TranslucentSnail? Nautilus?

Onelove

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1129171305c.webp

1129171302b.webp

1129171307b.webp

1129171304.webp
 
Found in Louisiana
 
Anyone have any information or opinions on my find ? I'm a newb and I'm curious about the species ,material, and age. I'm not looking to sell it but if like to get an idea of what exactly it is in proper terminology and an approximate value
 
Sorry, I can't help with the ID or age but it sure is a great find.
 
id say nautilus I cant tell you off the top of my head which species but the suture pattern is a tell as to the species. id look into that and also figuring out the age of the surface rocks in your area would help narrow it down.
 
Last edited:
It was found in a creek in a dry lake bed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom