Treasure above ground

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
As me, my brother, and my mom were getting into the car on the driveway i spotted a penny on the ground, i picked it up and read the date. It was a 1955 D wheat penny, i can't remember the last time i found a wheat above the ground. Hmm... this means something so i said to everyone in my family "you know what this means dont you, one of us dropped this, so one of us is forgeting to check our change! I always check my change so i asked them who was forgetting my mom replied "i never check my change", and my brother replied "remind me when i care" lol. Sigh... more wheats and silver for me i guese, can't get them interested in the hobby can I? Oh well, at least i found the wheat they lost.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Oh yeah, the wheat was in great condition MS60 i'd say... even though im not a profesional coin grader.

allsmith

Jun 1, 2006
north cental ohio
wtg!!! coolcash,, i never thought much about coins ,,till i got a tecter,,now im like you checkin all my change and stuff,, the other day my dads neighbor saw me tectin,,came over and said u can have these coins i found on the street ,,, i was like wow u dont have to do that and she said yeah you can have them,, i got to lookin and the one penny was a 1909!!!!!!! i flipped it over and seen the vdb on it was like omg!!!!! i said that penny is worth a bunch of money[not thinkin about the s ] i gave her a bunch of money for it ,,way to much!!!!!!!! not even gonna tell u how much!!!lol,, but it made her so happy she gave me a hole bag of coins,,like 180 wheaties,,and a hole bunch of foreign coins!!!!! some real old too,, so i guess it was not a terrable deal,, i just got so exited when i seen that vdb i forgot it needed that wittle s,,,dang well maybe next time ;D ;D yep check your change ,,, theres supposed to be a 1909 s vdb back in circulation!!!!!!

Illinois Jeff

Feb 12, 2006
Hanover Park Illinois
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may seem inceasingly difficult to find wheats, but not yet impossible. I still find silver, wheats, and even silver certificates in my change. I recently was given a $20 bill at a gas station after paying for gas. It didnt really look normal but when I got home, i checked and discovered it was printed in 1920.I was shocked as it had no creases or wrinkles. I have found a couple mis-strikes and off center bills as well. You just have to examine everything. It will pay off.

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
no joke my girl found a 1955 3 weeks ago at one of our new fav sites(not double)on top of ground, and yesterday i found a 1944 on top of ground, no joke, and this was looking for bottles, i guess its a good idea to detect since we are finding it all on top;) good job on the wheat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread