What's new

Treasure Hunters Roadshow

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
3,283
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
1
Location
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Google for "Treasure Hunter Roadshow Rip Off" to see what this is all about. To say that they have taken the cash for gold bit and put it on the road is a pretty fair statement. They obviously have to cover the costs of renting hotel rooms and conference space as well as turn a nice tidy profit. So getting offered much less than 50% of melt value on gold and silver items appears to be the norm. I read somewhere that some guy was offered $2 for silver half dollars that were at the time worth at least $6.

I'd love to go to one of those places with a pocket full of cash and catch people on the way in and out. I bet you could make offers on silver coins before people go in and then tell them to see you on the way out after they have gotten the offer inside. If the security guys don't run you off you'd probably make a killing! :icon_thumleft:

But I'm sure these people are well aware of that tactic and have plain clothes "brutes" waiting around to run people off. If one of these shows ever comes to my town I'm going to go see what it is all about.
 
I bet they will only air the people they actually make fair offers to...lol. I'm saving all my gold and silver....it is plan D for my retirement if plans A, B and C don't work.

NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom