TRICARE?

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Soverign...I know what you mean by cost. My son had to have an MRI done. I received a bill from Sentara General Hosp (formerly Va Beach General) and it was for $3403.00...to get an MRI done!!!!!! :tard:

I called Tricare and they told me that Sentara NEVER FILED THE CLAIM, just sent me a bill. Ha...thought they would get one over on me..huh? The statement said my insurance did not cover this treatment..>BULL!

So I called Sentara and told the lady that I gave my ID Card, my Son's and my medical card..but they failed to write it all down, even though they took a copy of the cards! So, she fixed it and filed the claim. Tricare received it and my new bill from Sentara was $0.00 :icon_sunny:

So, word of advice...ALWAYS VERIFY that a claim has been filed before you pay the bill! Tricare can give you the dates of care and what claims have been filed. Tricare approved this appt, so that is why it was covered. The ladies I have spoken to at Tricare have been absolutely wonderful! I don't mind paying a portion, that is what I pay my monthly premiums for (it comes out of my retirement check)...but don't send me a bill without filing a claim and stating my insurance does not cover it!!! Sentara has pulled this in the past as well on me...so I knew to call to verify it. So, please check to make sure your claims have been filed..it only takes a few minutes of your time!

And with my kids Primary Care Physician...I have taken them in twice in the last month for a school/Boy Scout physical (yearly) and then again for some Booster shot my youngest needed to enter 6th grade. They told me that I still have credit on the account, so twice I have not had to pay $24 for my co-pay ($12.00 for each of my boys). I don't know how that happened...so I had the lady give me a note (bill) stating that I have $24.00 credit on my account so they can't bill me!!! She said Tricare picked everything up.

I am very pleased with the services my son's and I have received and with all those I have dealt with from Tricare personnel to the Doctors and their staff!

And I love my Delta Dental program...I pay a bit from my retirement pay for it...but well worth it. I signed up for that when it first came out, as they did not offer Dental Insurance when I retired...it was about 5 years later and since then, they have added some more benies to the insurance! Now they cover 50% of dentures, whereas, they did not when it was first started!

So, I am very happy with both! :headbang:

And I pray all is well with your wife!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread