3xflyfisher
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Nov 1, 2005
- Messages
- 323
- Reaction score
- 267
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- In my RV, where ever it may stop!
- Detector(s) used
- Whites MXT
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I have been detecting for about four years now and use a Whites MXT that I love. When I first started detecting, on my second or third trip out I dug these two Barber dimes from the same hole at one of the mountain parks Denver manages west of town here. One is an 05s in vg and the other is a 12d in f-vf condition. I remeber thinking at the time some thing to the effect that "wow, this is easy"! I have since been humbled! Four years later not another Barber and very few other silver coins to show for my effort. I have been back to the same mountain park as well as some of the others that Denver owns and have found one Mercury dime - a 41s in pretty nice shape and a handful of wheaties is all! Any how, I have been trying to learn how to post images here and hopefully I have it figured out so that I can share my finds with every one.
HH
Stewart
I have been detecting for about four years now and use a Whites MXT that I love. When I first started detecting, on my second or third trip out I dug these two Barber dimes from the same hole at one of the mountain parks Denver manages west of town here. One is an 05s in vg and the other is a 12d in f-vf condition. I remeber thinking at the time some thing to the effect that "wow, this is easy"! I have since been humbled! Four years later not another Barber and very few other silver coins to show for my effort. I have been back to the same mountain park as well as some of the others that Denver owns and have found one Mercury dime - a 41s in pretty nice shape and a handful of wheaties is all! Any how, I have been trying to learn how to post images here and hopefully I have it figured out so that I can share my finds with every one.
HH
Stewart
Attachments
Upvote
0

SkierBob, I have hunted that park several times and have yet to uncover any thing other than clad, but have found an old looking leather coin purse that really got my heart pounding when I first uncovered it, nothing old though, about $3.25 clad. One other find from that park was a nice little religious gold pendant that I will post when I get a chance.






