What's new

Two favorite CW songs

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2019
Messages
5,948
Reaction score
32,721
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best renditions, of the best two songs of the war. Period.






Dixieland




Battle cry of freedom
 
Upvote 0
NICE! I enjoyed those! Thanks for sharing them with us!
 
Very nice! I like those versions. Being a Missourian though, I have to say that my two favorite are "Shelby's Mule" and "Johnny Whistletrigger" as performed by Cathy Barton and Dava Para. If you are ever lucky enough to be in the Central Missouri area during the fall festival season and they are playing, I highly recommend seeing them. Unfortunately, I could not locate a link to the two songs, but here is their website: Barton Para | Home Page

Those two songs are on the album called "Johnny Whistletrigger: Civil War Songs from the Western Border Vol. 1."
 
Here's my vote for one of the best songs of the CW.
If you read a copy of the words, you'll understand the history of why many deserted to go back home to their girlfriends and wives.

Don......
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom