What's new

Two rings in the rain

watercolor

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
1,352
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. . . and one of them was silver.

Lobatts & I were set back an hour or so due to rain but we finally got our
act together to hunt one of his homestead sites that had been park converted.

A lot of potential here but we only managed to scrape the tip of the iceberg
due to my "lowbatt-ery" situation (no pun intended ::)) and lack of preparedness
for forgetting to bring the Lesche & Predator. BUT, Tim saved the day and let
me use his shovel :icon_thumleft:.

We found the usual "farm trash" with a mix of non-ferrous tack-related pieces
but no silver coinage. . . yet. There is some to be had. . . and we will be back.

Thanks for looking!

DSC_1424.webp
 
You guys were out today? :notworthy: I must be a wimp... :laughing7:
Cool ring Mark! Nice picture too. :thumbsup:
 
Great pics as usual, Mark!

Nice finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That tiger eye ring is cool!

I can picture the Hef in his smoking jacket lighting his pipe with that lighter, a bunny on each arm. :)
 
Great looking ring, Mark! Glad you got out today.
 
Just finished cleaning mud off my... you name it, it had mud. Very park-like setting and the most humoungous home-made sledding hill in the history of home made sledding hills.

PM if you can show for tomorrow's gig at the site. Maybe 8:30-ish.
 
Lowbatts said:
Just finished cleaning mud off my... you name it, it had mud. Very park-like setting and the most humoungous home-made sledding hill in the history of home made sledding hills.

PM if you can show for tomorrow's gig at the site. Maybe 8:30-ish.

Yep. . . a virgin sledding-hill for sure :icon_pirat:

BTW Tim, the predator's in the trunk and ready to dig ;D
I can get out there by 9AM. . . call me when you're leaving
 
Nice finds on your hunt. That Tiger Eye Ring is Beautiful !
 
cool finds Mark!! Diggin with Tim must have been a blast HH today Guys
 
Nice Digs Mark,
Way to put up with the Mud... I saw how Saturday was a constant dripping outside and was glad it was a day I was busy and could not get out. Too bad I can't join you all. Hopefully its not pounded out and I can Join Tim if he goes back there another day other than today, Sunday. Hope you all find some goods there today.
 
Well, mems the word unfortunately....

But we may have a winner for sure, waiting for Mayo to clean that nice target that he managed to "ring" up today, awesome big and sweet looking.

Still cleaning my goodies but it's enough for dinner sans food....
 
Beautiful ring, Mark. You are the silver ring king. I would have joined you guys but I didn't check my Tnet mail until I got home today. One of these days I'm heading out there to see what I may find.

Joe
 
Great digs! Is the large ring a nose ring from a bull?
 
I like the shoe horn, Mark
 
Great hunting buddy!!! :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:
 
In the key of "Pants on the Ground":


Rings in the rain,
Rings in the rain,
Diggin' with a TOOL,
with your rings in rain.
With the gold in your pouch.
Hat turned sideways,
Rings in the rain,
Dig em UP!

Nice hunt Mark :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom