Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20211103_183157.jpg

Went to the low tide shoreline today just to walk around. Found a handful of change (aboud $2) in various stages of decay, a smelly $5 bill that washed up with some leaves, a brass boat fitting, and several rounds of Winchester 30-06. Looked high and low for a potential M1 Garand washed up but didn't see one. I figured if someone was dumping rifle bullets in the ocean they likely dumped the rifle too, why else would you toss expensive ammunition? It's NYC, bullets are not lost, there is no hunting, this was dumped deliberately for some reason. And that's all for now.
20211103_165722.jpg

20211103_165802.jpg

I found a $100 bill in roughly the same area a few years back. The wind and tide seems to enjoy putting leaves and other similarly lightweight papery things in this spot.

Upvote 9

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1988880
Went to the low tide shoreline today just to walk around. Found a handful of change (aboud $2) in various stages of decay, a smelly $5 bill that washed up with some leaves, a brass boat fitting, and several rounds of Winchester 30-06. Looked high and low for a potential M1 Garand washed up but didn't see one. I figured if someone was dumping rifle bullets in the ocean they likely dumped the rifle too, why else would you toss expensive ammunition? It's NYC, bullets are not lost, there is no hunting, this was dumped deliberately for some reason. And that's all for now.
View attachment 1988881
View attachment 1988882
I found a $100 bill in roughly the same area a few years back. The wind and tide seems to enjoy putting leaves and other similarly lightweight papery things in this spot.
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Gas money😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread