What's new

Ugly electrolysis, But It Works

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
5,634
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Not as fancy, but does the trick.
I use 1/4 cup of salt in 2 gallons.
I run it for 10 hours on iron (not brave enough to do coins yet).
I then wire brush the item and then put it in for another rou
if necessary until all rust is gone.
Here are before and after photos of my setup and a cannonball
that I found with my Tesoro silvermax when my White 600
crapped out. ;D ;D ;D
Forgot to mention the stainless steel spoon or plate to the positive and that it won't bubble.
The object hooked to negative will bubble.
Have fun.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3348.webp
    DSCF3348.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 493
  • DSCF3350.webp
    DSCF3350.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 466
  • DSCF3351.webp
    DSCF3351.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 420
  • CIMG1217.webp
    CIMG1217.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCF3348.webp
    DSCF3348.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 472
Re: Ugly electroliysis

LOL......Looks better then mine...but hey, if it does the job who cares.

btw... your ball frag. turned out great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom