What's new

✅ SOLVED unknow cast iron egg

fmerg

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
905
Reaction score
750
Golden Thread
1
Location
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any idea as to what this was used for.....

2021-11-06 001.JPG2021-11-06 002.JPG2021-11-06 003.JPG
 
Solution
I have seen similar items tat were chocolate egg molds.

Yes, I think that's what it may be. They came in all sizes from actual egg-size upwards. Some as two separate pieces, which may or may not have clips, lugs or pins to orientate the two halves; some hinged. This kind of thing:

Eggs.webp
I have seen similar items tat were chocolate egg molds.

Yes, I think that's what it may be. They came in all sizes from actual egg-size upwards. Some as two separate pieces, which may or may not have clips, lugs or pins to orientate the two halves; some hinged. This kind of thing:

Eggs.webp
 
Upvote 3
Solution
truns out to be just that a early chocolate egg mold
the date would be between 1880 and 1900
 
Upvote 2
I like it, seen tons of buttons and bullets and horse tack, not sure I’ve seen a chocolate egg mold before
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED 108
Replies
3
Views
436
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
451

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom