What's new

Unknown

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey! I found this yesterday here at the camp playing with my e-trac. It appears to be of copper substance and bears the name "NOKTO" or NOXYO. normaly id toss it but it raises curiosity when I see a name or #,s
 

Attachments

  • 115_0977.webp
    115_0977.webp
    107.2 KB · Views: 464
  • 115_0980.webp
    115_0980.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 467
  • 115_0978.webp
    115_0978.webp
    97.7 KB · Views: 465
That's a toughy :D I have founds lots of pieces of old copper with fancy design from the days gone by but I have no idea other than it's probably old :-\
 
Upvote 0
I would say it covered a table or chair leg but that's just a guess.
Here I restored it a bit using my imagination.
copper.webp
HH,
Donny
 
Upvote 0
If you turn your letters upsidedown, any chance it might say DIXON? Maybe part of a Dixon powder flask?

Just guessing... :dontknow:

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I have a similar piece that was part of an old wireless radio.
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
If you turn your letters upsidedown, any chance it might say DIXON? Maybe part of a Dixon powder flask?

Just guessing... :dontknow:

DCMatt

You, beat me to it Matt.
I haven't researched what Dixon it might be.
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
If you turn your letters upsidedown, any chance it might say DIXON? Maybe part of a Dixon powder flask?

Just guessing... :dontknow:

DCMatt

Good Eye. DCMATT!!

How about a leg wrap or such for Dixon Powdermaker Furniture

Tony
 
Upvote 0
I think it came off an old trunk.The kind our great grandmothers had . I think where it is broken is where it was bent around a corner.....
zztop
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
I think it reads: "NORTH"
Had me thinking the same for a little while Jim, but the middle letter just didn't work.
I fiddled with the pic and I'm pretty sure it says DIXON and sage sounds very sure ;D

and I'm very impressed with your efforts djabend :thumbsup: that's awesome.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
sage said:
Hey! I found this yesterday here at the camp playing with my e-trac. It appears to be of copper substance and bears the name "NOKTO" or NOXYO. normaly id toss it but it raises curiosity when I see a name or #,s

I am wondering if it could be a piece of a cane tip. I have attached a photo of one for comparison.
 

Attachments

  • canenash.webp
    canenash.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom