AU24K said:
I miss an occasional quality cigar.
Scott
Unemployed here, but I'm a fighter (started my own biz, although very low pay).
I personally have been mosquito bit every day from opening the windows and doing without the central air. I rarely turn on the TV and every light in the house is out except the room I'm in. And I go without showers for sometimes 4 to 5 days at a time... EEK! My grass completely died in the summer, and I've taken to buying top ramen by the case, and unfortunately, I still do by my bottle every now and again to keep me sane (I used to go to the local bar 3 to 4 times a week, but now their lucky if they see me once a month. It's a good compromise buying bottom shelf liquor for 10 bucks a week, versus 250 bucks a week at the local bar (really). I rarely drive anywhere, but when I do, it's almost like an anxiety attack because I feel like I'm learning to drive all over again.
-Never once in my life payed for cable TV.
-Always buy food by the ounce versus by the product... If it's over 20 cents per ounce, you better NEED it. Under 10 cents an ounce is fare game.
-I have the 'emergency phone line' from the local phone company versus the standard house hold line which is much, much more cheaper, which equates to about 12 a month (plus extra fees). I'm actually thinking about canning that altogether because callcentric.com has a VOIP line for about $2 a month! (PM me if you want more info on that. I currently have a $2 a month fax line, and a $4 a month 800 number for my biz).
-My cell phone bill is a 'pay-as-you-go' service, and because all my friends are on the same network, it's only a dollar a day "IF" I use it that day. I can go for 4 months on just 30 bucks.
(cell phones are handy in case of emergency, or that potential employer calls). (my pay per use is on att).
-Learning to bake your own bread is awesome (a current and long time hobby of mine). Flour makes bread, tortillas, pie crusts, bagels and pasta (and much more). It's very, very cheap compared to store bought product. It just takes some time in the kitchen.
-Steel gas from the neighbors vehicles... (of course I'm kidding).
But, in all, I've got my minimal budget down pact, and I'll be o.k just as long as I follow it. It won't be for at least another 9 months (on my current plan), that I'll need to move in with my family and lose everything I own, if I don't have a job by then... so I still have 'some' hope.
...and BTW, I think that if we can all pitch in a dollar for a good cause (to buy an electric can opener for a good TNET friend of ours that has arthritis), carma just might pay us back.... what do you think?
I'll start it by saying that you can donate a dollar if you go to "
http://www.pcb-experts.com/contact-us.html " go to the bottom of the page and hit the 'pay now'. If everyone donates a dollar (heck, can openers aren't that expensive), I'll take it upon myself to send him the can opener... (and if not enough donate, I'll refund your money). My uncle had arthritis, and it's a real pain in the rear.