What's new

Vacation Blues

Chuck-N-Detroit

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
52
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Location
Warren, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Equinox and Deus
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been looking forward to my vacation for months. As we all know when you are getting ready to go on vacation, you think “what if I get a cold the day I leave”? Well on the plane down a lady was coughing without covering her mouth so after a few times I asked her to cover. Well sure enough, I came down with a cold. I was going to “rent” a car from my wife’s friend so I held off for a week and just hung out. Just as my cold cleared, I was carrying two dishes from breakfast into the kitchen and stepped on a rock that my wife set up to keep the door open. Down I went………. Ripped open my left hand and foot, landed on my right shoulder. So now, after another week I am 90% back to normal (but still have a sore shoulder). Now the car is not avail. until this Wed. So, I will end up with 2 or 3 days detecting IF I am lucky The good news is that I am eating good. Regards, Chuck
 

Attachments

  • 1 - Fruit.webp
    1 - Fruit.webp
    107.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 1 dinner.webp
    1 dinner.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
Sorry you are having a rough vacation, but remember the worst day on vacation is still better than being in the snow and at work!
 
Hope better luck is coming your way :thumbsup:
 
What a bummer!
Those dishes look too delicious for someone, to be sick!
All I get to eat is chicken soup when I get a cold (sigh).

I have been looking forward to my vacation for months. As we all know when you are getting ready to go on vacation, you think “what if I get a cold the day I leave”? Well on the plane down a lady was coughing without covering her mouth so after a few times I asked her to cover. Well sure enough, I came down with a cold. I was going to “rent” a car from my wife’s friend so I held off for a week and just hung out. Just as my cold cleared, I was carrying two dishes from breakfast into the kitchen and stepped on a rock that my wife set up to keep the door open. Down I went………. Ripped open my left hand and foot, landed on my right shoulder. So now, after another week I am 90% back to normal (but still have a sore shoulder). Now the car is not avail. until this Wed. So, I will end up with 2 or 3 days detecting IF I am lucky The good news is that I am eating good. Regards, Chuck
 
Last edited:
Some people dont need but 3 days to clean a beach and pay for a trip..... maybe your Karma will turn around and you will hit it big out there. GL....

Dew
 
Maybe you'll make up for it all in those couple of days you can detect! GL. HH!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom