What's new

Variety Today......

  • Thread starter Thread starter LJ
  • Start date Start date

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up my normal boxes today and pulled a good variety. Boxes like these are more fun than the normal 40% and 90% haul. I think the saying is "variety is the spice of life".....ha!

I retired my 5th Barber of the year.....wahoooooo. Not a very pretty one but a still a Barber. Also picked up the normal 40%'ers, a lone 64, a couple of Walkers, a Frankie, a bad shape proof, one NIFC and a silver Bicentennial in pretty good shape. It was pretty fun.

I had two boxes left to check so I spoke to the friend that I mentioned previously that I got started in this hobby and mentioned I had two boxes available if they wanted them. I could see a couple of silver through the little holes in the top of the boxes so I had a feeling they may be decent boxes. My friend came by the house and bought the boxes and we went through them together.the take was 43 silver with a couple of Franklin's and a Walker. Although these two boxes didn't land a Barber......ha!

We had a little contest going on about who would end up with the most silver coins......my total was 43 silvers. Going into the last roll my friend had a total of 42 and that last roll yielded a 40%'er for a total of 43....how ironic. We had a ball!!! Those two boxes gave up a couple of Franklin's and one Walker with 5 64's and the balance 40%'ers.

My totals.........

1-64
2-65's
8-66's
12-67's
12-68's
3-69's
1 Franklin 60-D
2 Walkers - both 42
1 Barber 1899
1 Bi-Cen silver 76-S

43 Silver Keepers
 

Attachments

  • P3060011.webp
    P3060011.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 396
  • P3060012.webp
    P3060012.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 394
  • P3060013.webp
    P3060013.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 397
  • P3060014.webp
    P3060014.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 414
Upvote 0
Wow nice haul..... And what a great friend. :icon_scratch: ......... Nice "GIFT" the gift of joy. :icon_santa:

CRH Mojo
 
Awesome LJ, another Barber :thumbsup: you go girl, sounds like to and your friend had some fun ripping rolls . That is pretty ironic that both of you ended up w/ 43 keepers 8) and really nice of you to share some of yours boxes ... kudos to you and your friend .
 
Nicely done there LJ ! Variety is the spice of life. 8)

Your sharing with your friend will undoubtedly pay dividends down the road (think karma).

Finding your fifth Barber means you're (now) working towards to second "Barber shop quartet". 8) 8)

Mucho kudos.
 
i really dont understand how you do that every week. i think i need to start sending you 1k a week so you can buy my boxes for me down there. good job
 
Hot Damn!
Another Barber!!!!
I need to find one of those beauties!
What a fun mix of finds- Congrats!!
 
You're amazing... I can't believe how many coins you sort through!! :o You are a very determined CRH'r!! Haha ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom