raidersfans4
Jr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
can anyone hunt the beaches in this area,what are the restrictions,how far can you go,are tere private beaches you can't hunt, raider
Hi Raider.Don't know if this will help,but years ago I lived in Stuart(1956-1963)Thats when Fla. was not so boomimg, and a fun place to live.Anyhooooo! There used to be a old wooden bridge that went from JensenBeach over to Hucthinson Island.At that time there were no homes or condos on the island from FtPierce-to Swealls point.The only public beach was right accross from Jensen Beach. There was a small "Snack Bar " there and that was it.Alot of people used the beach at the time.The only road was a narrow sand road that went all the way to the end (Swealls Point.)The "House of Refguee" was the only building on the island.We use to go down that road alot, camp on or near the beach.If you can find a old city map of Jensen Beach(1955-1965) thay should have the beach info there.Maybe some old photos of the snack shop
There should be alot of booty there even today.PS. Most of the people that went to the beach only use a small area to sunbathe. I haven't been there in many years(I live in Oregon), but hope this helped you out. See Ya Idig
...Jensen Beach and to the N are condos. You cannot get to Bathtub beach from Stuart beach anymore, as one now has to take another route around the condos, to the House of Refuge...and from there to the inlet are private homes. I remember those days and times ain't like that no more! 
raidersfans4 said:thanks to all,i'm stuck in frozen iowa,i've got cabin fever bad,i'm going to take a week in feb. to hunt . sounds like plenty to hunt at the beaches there.thanks again raider
LOLHoliday said:Well...thanks for that info. I guess I'm not too old [cough] to learn something new. Tom. Is it true you're courting my girl? [Santissima]

